Pasta e Fagioli
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 15oz can beef broth (plus more for heating)
- 15oz can red kidney beans
- 15oz can great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8oz ditalini pasta (or any pasta)
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, lightly seasoning with salt & pepper.
- In a large soup pot, saute carrots and celery for 10 minutes, lightly seasoning with salt & pepper and stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the pasta, then simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- When the soup has 10 minutes left to simmer, cook pasta in boiling water until just under al dente. Add the cooked noodles to the soup and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Serve.